the Swiss Language Academy was founded in Switzerland in 2010 and is today one of the important language training organisations in Geneva and Switzerland, with a presence across the country for multiple languages. Learn French Geneva (as well as Lausanne, Neuchâtel, Bern, Basel, Zurich and surrounding areas) collaborates with over 50 trainers throughout the country.
Thousands of private clients and employees of both large and small companies, institutions and government offices have benefited from the SLA method. Highly qualified native speakers provide language and communication training with the help of learning materials especially developed by SLA for easy French acquisition and self-training.
The SLA online placement test is offered free of charge and without obligation. Its results will place you in the SLA level system from A1 to C2. A detailed assessment of the results is also provided.
About this test:
- This test adapts to your language level step by step.
- The further you get, the more difficult it becomes.
- When you reach the point which corresponds to your current «language barrier», just stop and a provisional placement level within A1 to C2 will appear on your screen.
- Required time: about 30 minutes.
Your results will show which level you currently have, as follows:
- A1 - I can make myself understood with a few words, short sentences, gestures and facial expressions.
- A2 - I can get by in simple situations, but with a little effort.
- B1 - I can make myself understood in everyday situations, but I still make a lot of mistakes.
- B2 - I can converse in many situations without difficulty, but not without mistakes.
- C1 - I can make myself understood in almost any situation and express myself without making many mistakes.
- C2 - I speak the language almost as well as my mother tongue.
Once you know your level, you can enrol to one of our group classes.
We offer group classes for the following levels:
A0 absolute beginner
A1-A2 false beginner
A2-B1 low intermediairy